COVID-19 Update: NZ To Move to ORANGE Traffic LightRāapa, 13 Paenga-whāwhā 2022 / Wednesday, 13 April 2022
Following Cabinet's review of the Traffic Light Settings, COVID Response Minister Chris Hipkins has today announced:
- New Zealand will move to ORANGE Traffic Light Setting from 11:59PM Wednesday 13 April 2022 (tonight)
- Minister Hipkins cautioned that a future spike in COVID-19 and / or Influenza may see a return to RED Traffic Light Setting, and people should remain prepared for this throughout the winter months.
Key Details for life at ORANGE:
- Face Masks - you must wear a medical grade face mask if you are working in a close proximity business, or at an event.
- Masks are still required on public transport (including flights / ferries / taxis / ride shares etc), retail and public facilities (libraries etc.) and other indoor situations.
- Masks are not required at gatherings, but are recommended.
- More information on masks HERE
- Business at ORANGE: Services with close proximity components must operate under the Close Proximity rules. Workplaces may open without restrictions. More information on businesses HERE
- Gatherings - there is no limit for indoor or outdoor gatherings. All types of gatherings can take place.
- Domestic Travel - Unless your transport provider requires it, you do not need a My Vaccine Pass or a negative COVID-19 test to travel. More information on Domestic Travel HERE
- Testing - those with COVID-19 symptoms, or those who are household contacts of positive cases, are requested to get tested via a free RAT test. More information on testing HERE
- Isolation - Positive cases must Self-Isolate for 7 Days. Household Contacts must Self-Isolate for 7 Days then return a negative test on day 7 or have no new or worsening symptoms. More information on Isolation HERE